Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mt. Rainier

On the steps where many people begin to climb Mt. Rainier.

Just above the steps. Yes, son, that is as far as we will allow you to climb.

It is interesting how Mt. Rainier has its own weather systems.

They did not want to stop their hike and pose for a picture. Thanks, guys, for cooperating. I can't even remember the name of the Falls to which we were hiking. I probably wrote it down somewhere!

We went farther down, but there was too much spray to take a good picture.

This is a hike we took -- see that lil orange flag sticking up. That's actually marking the trail that we could not see because of the deep snow. The only problem was, the flags stopped. We kept going until we found some bear poop. Yep, we taught Isaiah how to investigate bear scat with a stick. We found some fur in it. Cool stuff, eh?

Our hike in the snow was soooo worth the views...

2 comments:

  1. I wish I would have seen this sooner.I am from Seattle and this is my mountain! Grew up going there at least once a month.I miss it so much my mom painted a mural of it in our house!Did you enjoy it?(I know you are now traveling the world so I don't expect a response for awhile. :))

    ReplyDelete