Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Bund, Shanghai

Approaching the Bund. The Bund is the waterfront area in Shanghai. It's on the western bank of the Huangpu River and faces Pudong (the eastern part of the Huangpu District). You will not only see pictures of Pudong across the river, but also of the other buildings behind us on the street. These once housed numerous banks and trading houses from the UK, France, Russia, Germany, Japan, Netherlands and Belgium. You will notice the western/classical/modern style with the a Communist flag on top of each building. 

Becky and Isaiah in front of the wall at the Bund in Shanghai.

Isaiah and Dax at the Bund.

Looking over to Pudong across the Huangpo River from the Bund.

A little later view of Pudong.

And finally, the night view of Pudong.

At the Bund. I'm sitting in the back having a "conversation" with a lady. We used my handy dandy Mandarin/English dictionary to communicate.  People would come up and sit right next to me and have their family take a picture. They kept motioning the person to scoot closer to me so I would be in their picture without me knowing it. It was kind of amusing to me since I knew what they were doing. Funny stuff. 

The western style buildings with Communist flags at the Bund.

A later view in the evening. 

And, at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment